Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov. 18, 2013

Hello all you PUNKS. It's me. 

Dad told me before I left, "The days are long but the weeks are short." That is very much true, haha. Some days feel like they will never end, but then Mondays keep creeping around. 

Not much has happened this week. I feel so BORING. Hma Bush and I are starting the work over because our investigators had been investigators for 6 months but never progressed. It's hard to find new people to contact, but it needs to be done. We're trying to work with the ward to get references...so that's not exciting. We've been having a bunch of activities and I never have to worry about people not showing up. Whenever the gate to the church is open, people swarm in to have fun, even if they aren't members or don't know why everyone is there. It's great. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, so I guess there's nothing else to do, haha. My convert, Wilbur, was just called to be the leader of the activities and we're planning a talent show. It's gonna be DANK. There are already a lot of people planning on what they are going to do...I'm psyched. :) I'm worried that there's going to be lots of bootyshakin', but I'm hoping that I'm mistaken. 

On my mission I have seen a lot of my faults and weaknesses, some I knew I had, some I didn't know I had, and some I was too stubborn to admit that I had :) But I love Ether 12:27 how it talks about how our weaknesses can turn into strengths. Seeing our weaknesses can be an indication of progress....is seeing the things we need to repent of and press forward and do better. But I'm grateful for the sacrament each week, so that I can regain my faith in myself, renew my covenants, to see how things really are, and see which way im facing...my desires or Christ's. 

I love this funny ward so much. It's just filled with hilarious souls. Yesterday we ate at the relief society president's house and she is a HOOT. I just sit and I laugh with her. Her 2 year old granddaughter loves my hand sanitizer and stickers. She's a nut and has the squeakiest little voice. Yesterday she was just yelling "Mi corazon! Tu corazon! Mi corazon!" over and over again for 20 minutes. Ah, kids. They are the same wherever you go in the world. 

Today we had Thanksgiving Dinner as a zone. It was splendid. I brought the donuts, HOLLA. After eating a bunch of food we had a dominoes tournament. I'm surprisingly good at dominoes, but I swear it's all luck. Secretly, I have no idea what's going on 99% of the time, but I play it off really well. 

Saw a hermaphrodite dog. Life-Changing.

Got complimented on my eyes more this week than all the times before in my whole life. Flattering.

I'm becoming Dominican more and more every day. I can dance merengue. Dope.

I think the mission is challenging sometimes. But not always. Sometimes it sucks. For real. And that´s something Elder Holland talks about in one of his devotionals. How we have to love the days and times that wrench us and tear us and are just truly awful, because it´s all a gift from God and designed for us and that ¨the road to Salvation always goes through Gethsemane.¨.

 I read some emails from other missionaries, "I love life! I love my companion! I'm awesome! I'm great! I'm so humble!" I just say bull crap in my head over and over again, haha. That's probably not nice of me to think, but...it's the truth:)

I had a cockroach crawl all over me this week. It was a horrible experience that I handled insanely well. Just started stripping. I'm sure there was logic behind it. It was running all over the house, but it ran into the bathroom like a wimp where I finally managed to kill it. I smashed the disgusting wretch and after I treated myself with some Dr Pepper. :) Mighty fine day. 

Anyway, I've got to go. Sorry this email was the pits. Ill try again next week. Please give me another chance. Put me in coach, I promise Ill do better. BUENO. Thanks for all the prayers. You guys are my favorite people around. And it's cool that I get to see your cute little faces in, like, what, a MONTH. Dang. Have a wonderful week! 

The church is true.
Hermana Buhrley






No comments:

Post a Comment