Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Dear Errybody.
Oh, happy day!
This week we had some pretty great lessons. Met some friendly people, felt the Spirit, got some good work done. Boss.

I usually loath Sundays on the mission, but yesterday was one for the books. This drunk guy comes in during Sacrament and starts yelling nonstop. People tried kicking him out, but he wouldn't budge, so they just sort of left him in the back. He screamed a bunch of "amens" and "I am a sinner, Jesus save me." I laaaaughed and loved it too much.
At district meeting for a spiritual thought, an Elder had us read our mission callings, and think about when we opened them. Then we all went around and analyzed the letter that the Prophet sent. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. I love the part that says, "The Lord will reward you for the goodness of your life. Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord." Talking about opening our calls really left us excited to work and reminded us why we're here. The feelings that we felt came right back and it was way cool. :)
I am grateful for my patriarchal blessing. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading it for the very first time.
I got asked this week what part of Spain I was from. They were surprised when I told them where I was from, and said my Spanish is really good. Made my day.
During a really cool lesson, this lady next to us started hitting a chicken on the head and its neck with a dull blade. She was yelling at it and it was screaming, and you could hear its head smashing, and we all were DYING. She tried to kill it for 10 minutes, then she went and caught another one and killed that one too. Oh, it was awful. But on the bright side, I'm sure they are in chicken heaven, probably falling in love, getting married and having families..... everything they've ever wanted.

Also in the house of a member family I accidentally started a dog fight. They live with literally 6 dogs, and 2 of them don´t get a long very well. Well as it was, these two dogs were growling at each other all ticked off about something and I was kind of irritated with it. They had been growling through the whole lesson and they are dumb dogs anyways, so I stuck my foot in between them and told them to stop. Didn´t work. So I nudged one of them away with my foot to put space in between them (usually works) and told one of them to go outside. Instead they started fighting. It was loud, they almost broke stuff in the house and afterwards there was blood. It was inconvenient. Whilst watching the fight I started humming, ¨Love at Home¨ to the dogs but they wouldn´t hear it. The Hermana of the house was just like, ¨Oh, not again,¨and she started telling me about how they fight often and how her husband tried to stop them once and almost lost his thumb. So we just watched until it stopped and then chatted a bit more and left.
The Church is true. The Lord is blessing us down here on this little island, and I love having the privilege to share His love with everyone all day long and every day. Because when I share His love, I receive more of it myself. "Because I have been given much, I too must give."
Talk to y'all later,
Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment