Hey there, FAM BAM.
So we got those 3 little punks baptized! And must I say, that we worked our butts off to get it done. Honestly. I love these Dominicans so much, but sometimes they aren´t the most reliable people. The first baptism was on Friday and everyone showed up at 6 for Luis Manuel´s baptism and it was perfect. We watched a Mormon message, he was baptized, we bore our testimonies, had a talk, sang a sang, and had refreshments. The next day, we had Jose Gabrielle´s and Juan Francisco´s baptism along with the other Hermana´s baptism, Rosie. That day was NUTS. After filling up the font, I called the ward mission leader, Hermano Lara, and ask him about the jumpsuits for the baptism. So we find them in a bag and they are gross and wet. My comp and I hurry and wash them an hour before the baptism and dry them with fans and blow dryers, haha. Then we rush over to the house just before six and no one is there. I figured that would happen. Dominicans are horrible with time. The baptism was supposed to start at six, so that means people start deciding on whether or not they´re going to show up. Sooo after an hour and a half, waiting for the 3 kids to show up and their families to show up, the baptism starts. I hate when things start late, so I think I did a pretty good job keeping it together. I must give myself props for that. The baptism did go by well though! Those cute little punks made their first covenants! Do you ever just get in those moods where you can't stop smiling? That's how I was the entire time. I was lovin' life! They were so happy to be baptized. I'm SO grateful that I was able to see them from the beginning. SO GRATEFUL. I've seen a change in all of them. They´re all solid. Yesterday during Missionary Coordination Meeting my comp and I told Hermano Lara that we´re planning on taking the recent converts to the temple, so on September 8th we are planning on taking them to the temple to do baptisms!
Con amor, Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment