Hey there, FAMILIA!
I have been out five months. Can you believe that? I CAN'T. Time flies and sometimes I just can't handle it. It's freaking me out!
We went to the temple on Friday! I was smiling so much, just like a giddy little school girl. We went as a zone with another zone and with the President and his wife. The day was just what I needed: refreshing and empowering. I miss the temple so much, and I've decided that I'm definitely going there much more once I get home.
This week I have seen the constant reminder that our Heavenly Father is very mindful of each of us, and that we are always in the watchful care of Him. During a lesson, I got the impression that I needed to talk to this guy named A and ask him why he wasn´t going to church. I was confused because I thought he moved and I hadn´t seen him for like 6 weeks. My face probably read everything I was thinking, haha. Then A comes up out of no where, says that he didn't move and asks us how we´re doing. I didn't want to have a sit down and ask him what was going on, and then he walks away. I'm thinking the whole time ¨Okay sorry, Heavenly Father, I wasn´t feelin' it. Give me another chance.¨
After a few minutes of small chitchat with the member, A walks up again and we chitchat about life and such. I ask him why he wasn´t going to church and I could tell that it was something that he needed to hear. He said that we can come by later and he´ll explain everything because I know church has meant a lot to him. I´m grateful that our Heavenly Father can send messages through his servants. I know that we´re here on the earth to return to our Heavenly Father, but we´re not on the earth alone. We´re here to help each other get back.

We were also running late to the temple. (House full of 6 girls...come on) And while we were running to catch a bus (that we knew we missed, haha) we run down this street that's usually abandoned. But that early morning, we see a taxi just sitting there with only the driver in it. Usually we all squish so there´s 9 people in the car on average. It was like he was just waiting for us, haha. So we got in, and HOLLA, we make it on time to the temple :)
I have definitely grown on my mission, in little ways and big. I've seen my weaknesses more than ever. Growth can mean growing pains. We learn from our mistakes in a continual process while the Savior extends his arm both during and after all that we can do by ourselves. We grow by removing anything negative, and cultivating anything positive. The Savior´s grace blesses both parts as long as we do our part. I´m so grateful that I'm here. I have seen the Savior´s simple tender mercies in my life every day, letting me know that He´s on my side, and eternally patient. It's something that I can't deny and am so grateful for. I love being here, even though it can be physically, emotionally and spiritually draining at times. I love this gospel. It's PERFECT. Thank you for all of the prayers and support. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment