Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 9, 2013

Oh FAMILY. 

This last week was not only the longest week of my mission, but of MY LIFE. I can"t even remember last Monday. ·Everything that could´ve gone wrong basically did, haha. But that's okay! Like my comp´´s hands go burned off! She doesn´t even have hands anymore, just hooks! Nah, I'm just kidding. But they are wrapped up like boxer gloves. 

Wednesday for District Meeting, we told the elders that we would make them food and they would make us dessert. My comp, Hna H, tried to put something in the oven and I guess she thought the flame went out, so went to light it again with the gas still running, and BOOM. Big fireball that knocked her off her feet, and she started yelling ¨My hands!´´ We put cold water on her hands and the elders were like ¨Don't do that blahblahblah, she doesn't need to go to the hospital´´....even though her hands were a different color. I had to be a little sassy, but the assistants took us to the ¨hospital¨ and we were there all day and Thursday. We went to the mission doctor too, and he said that he's glad that we put cold water on her because they were literally cooking, then explained to us why stoves here ´´suck´´. He said, and we all said, that she was definitely watched over and things should have been a whole lot worse. Her hands will be back to normal in a few days and her fringed eyelashes are back to normal already! Miracle number one :)

Friday I woke up really sick, and Hma D did as well. On Saturday, the day of her and Hma S´´s baptism, Hma D was taken to the hospital and we four hermanas were going to take care of two baptisms for people we didn't even know, haha. I was the only hermana out of the four that knew where everyone lived and knew what to do, but I had been really sick. I said a really quick prayer, because I needed to get things done, and I was healed for a while. Hermana J and I were able to get everything going and run smoothly, and everything went according to plan. Miracle number two:)

One night I woke up at two thirty am, shivering and freezing cold..which is kind of strange because it was in the low 100´s. I really wanted to tell someone, especially Hma S, but I didn't want to wake her, and if I did II'd probably just say ¨I'm cold..¨ And she would´ve been like´I'm sorry, I don't have anything to help you.¨ An hour later, I decided to get up and go sit at my desk to find something to do. Hma S and I then met up in the middle of the hallway and she was like ¨I've been wanting to wake you up for the last hour to talk to you!¨ She was really stressed that night, and just wanted to talk to me about things. We chatted for a long time, and she ended digging through her suitcase to find her sweatshirt and sweatpants that I could wear. I don't know if the Spirit  necessarily woke us up, but it was a funny experience because we both needed each other at exactly the same time. Miracle number three :)

After the baptism on Saturday, I got really cold and was shivering for a while. I had a headache and my eyes hurt and the president's wife and the assistants tried nearly everything to get my temperature of 103.2 down and regulated. It was late, and before the assistants came to take me to the hospital, my temp broke and i was able to sleep for a few hours. Miracle number four! 

My first transfer Hma B and I went on splits and were contacting in her area, which is really rich. We came across a lady that was very eager to see us in a very big and gated apartment building. Even though she had a difficult life, I could tell she had a heart of gold. She told us that she was baptized when she was eight, but didn't go back to church since. Hma J and Hma S, the hma´s in the area right now, were talking to her this last week and she was sharing a story about how her husband had left her. During her difficult time, she felt like she needed religion more than anything. She´d turn to her family and they told her all of these different churches to attend, but she never felt right about it. She wanted to go to our church but she didn't know where it was, or really knew anything about it. She finally made up her mind to go to another church every Sunday and drive two hours to get there. One day, she knelt down and prayed, something she hadn´´t done in twenty years, and cried and told Heavenly Father that she needed help during the roughest time in her life. She told him that she didn't know who to turn to. Just then, Hma B and I knock on her door and tell her we´re the missionaries, and she stands up and runs to the door to greet us.  She´s been going to church regularly, and even though she´s not in my ward, I still get to see her sometimes which is always very nice! Miracle number five. 

I've been able to see many miracles while I've been on my mission, and I know there are many that I can't see or slip past me. Because I'm human, I sometimes forget that God isn´´t. His power is infinite and loving. Anything, big of small, can occur according to your faith and his Will. God is good! 

OKAY SO TRANSFERS. The Office Elders are in our district, and they told us where we are going on Saturday, even though we were supposed to find out yesterday. On Saturday they are usually 98 percent ready. THEN. The Office Elders called and said that the President doesn't want everyone to know about transfers until six thirty tonight because that gives some time for hermanas to not gossip. Haha. Anyway. Sooooo any guesses of where I'm going? I'LL TELL YOU. I'm going to Neso in Bani! It's in the middle of nowhere...I heard it's kind of jungle..y. My companion is Latin, and I'm living with ALL LATINS. Hahah yayyyy and craaaap! It's going to be something that's new, and I'm really excited! :) Quisqueya was good to me, but its time to move on! 

Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment