Hey FAMILY. HEY Y'ALL WHAT UP.
The President did speak which I always love. He´s such a good guy. He talked about great examples of women in the bible, how the first person Christ saw after he was resurrected was a woman, and how the church and plan of salvation weren´t complete until the women had their part.
| Ummm.... yeahhhhh. I don't know why they're in trouble for not looking cute. |
People get away with EVERYTHING here. Seriously, everything. Even cold blood murder. This guy that we´ve talked to and passed by a lot, every week, was just murdered. He was shot four times. We were like ¨Da crap?¨ Anyway. The conference was good. Good womanly empowerment. It was so cool to see everyone in one big room too. Everyone has grown spiritually so much, it's crazy.
Here are some things I love about the DR. Fingersnap. When people are trying to describe something that´s...difficult..they do the fingersnap thing that Zach used to do in fourth grade. Then Dad made him stop because he looked like a dork. It's cool here, Zach! People point with their lips. It's the strangest thing and I'll never do it. People also scrunch up their noses when they don't understand or hear you. That's ALSO really weird looking and I won't participate in that either! I love it during Relief Society when people will walk in and yell ¨I'M LATE. I'M LATE AND I'M SORRY.¨ Hahah. We also got a new Relief Society President and everyone was like ¨Congratulations! That is so wonderful, congrats!¨ Haha, oh these people made me giggle.
The ward mission leader of the other ward made the other hermanas some tacos..like five weeks ago, and apparently they were so good. And we really wanted him to make us some, but we didn't want to be so upfront, so Hermaa Safeer made a card, thanking him for the tacos and wishing him luck on his surgery. We kind of snuck a scripture in which was so funny. You´ll have to look it up. Operation ¨Get Hmo Reyes to make us tacos with us not asking him to do it¨ was a success! HOLLA.
Also. There is this guy yelling outside and I can't tell if he is happy or extremely upset. I never know. Dominicans just yell.Here are some things I love about the DR. Fingersnap. When people are trying to describe something that´s...difficult..they do the fingersnap thing that Zach used to do in fourth grade. Then Dad made him stop because he looked like a dork. It's cool here, Zach! People point with their lips. It's the strangest thing and I'll never do it. People also scrunch up their noses when they don't understand or hear you. That's ALSO really weird looking and I won't participate in that either! I love it during Relief Society when people will walk in and yell ¨I'M LATE. I'M LATE AND I'M SORRY.¨ Hahah. We also got a new Relief Society President and everyone was like ¨Congratulations! That is so wonderful, congrats!¨ Haha, oh these people made me giggle.
The ward mission leader of the other ward made the other hermanas some tacos..like five weeks ago, and apparently they were so good. And we really wanted him to make us some, but we didn't want to be so upfront, so Hermaa Safeer made a card, thanking him for the tacos and wishing him luck on his surgery. We kind of snuck a scripture in which was so funny. You´ll have to look it up. Operation ¨Get Hmo Reyes to make us tacos with us not asking him to do it¨ was a success! HOLLA.
I've had the privilege off seeing the fruits of our labor. I love this area so much. I love this ghetto. I had the coolest experience on Tuesday. We were walking down the street and I swear I saw "A" who we taught months ago, but she just wanted to bible bash and she moved back to Haiti like 2 months ago. She hunted me down a few minutes later and said ¨Hermana Buhrley! I've been looking for you for the past week! I went to the temple grounds and walked around. I've been praying and reading the Book of Mormon and I read the general conference talk you gave me. I loved it. I read it over and over again. I know this church is true, and I want to be baptized.¨ She was so GENUINE. And get this, she moved out of her boyfriend´s house after we gave her the longest chastity lesson EVER. She was so stubborn, but the gospel has really changed her. I love it. I love being a missionary and being able to see the gospel change people for the better.
Transfers are coming up on Monday and I'm hoping I stay here. I love this place. Ill keep you guys updated. HUGS.
No comments:
Post a Comment