Hello there!
To be honest...this week went by way too fast, and I don't really remember much, so this letter might be extremely boring. My apologies.
ANYWAY. I hit six months! Can you believe it? Cray. Surprisingly I got a lot of phone calls (maybe they thought I wouldn't have made it this far..:) ) To celebrate, we went out and ate pizza. I got a few cards and an elder made me a BOOK, a homemade book about why we´re friends. Very creative. I also got some bandaids...that was also a present from an Elder. Classic.
Funny story. I've been with a lot of Hermanas once they hit six months, and all of them have freaked out. I never thought I'd be one of them too, because I've been pretty optimistic, but I definitely had a six-month freakout. haha. ¨What kind of pizza do I want? Who am I? White or brown rice? Why am I in Nizao? Why can't I speak perfect Spanish? Am I supposed to be here in this moment at this specific place? Do I use the verb llevar or hacer? What am I going to do once I get home from the mission? I have no money. Do I start school in January? What if I don't know what to do with my life? What if I wake up in five years and regret my decision? What if I can't get married? What if I'm a bad missionary? I feel like I haven't grown at all. Do I mark this scripture with red or yellow? Both colors I might regret in the future. I have too much red, but yellow is predictable. Why do I use that direct object pronoun? It's feminine and that doesn't make sense at all.¨ Hahah yessss..that was my day.
I was reminded though...by Heavenly Father, that as long as I continue doing what is good, then things will fall into place and he won't give me any trial that will stop my progression. Every trial is to benefit.
Funny story. I walked into church yesterday and sat down and I saw a guy that looked EXACTLY like Dad sitting two rows in front of us. And for a good five seconds I was like, ¨What is he doing here?¨ But it turned out to be the office couple´s son-in-law who was visiting. Speaking of, I was talking to Hermana Schmit (Mrs. Office Couple) and I told her that my family is from Ogden and Pleasant View and yayaya and she told me that she grew up in Pleasant View and her family still lives there. Her maiden name is Susan Erikson if that rings a bell. She´s a great lady...she´s got a heart of gold.
Our investigators are still doing well...I think. Haha. It's frustrating when we ask them when we can come back. They´re like, ¨Whenever. I love to hear the word of God.¨ Yeahhhh, that's great, but our church isn't just the word of God. It's the perfect gospel of Christ and it's here to change the world and most certainly your life as well. Ay.
Yesterday we were talking to an investigator who's been taking the lessons for five months but hasn't gone to church because who knows why, and we asked her why she thinks we come. She said, ¨To hear the word of God.¨ Honestly...that kills me. Haha. Then she told me that she doesn't want to get baptized because she doesn't know everything perfectly. Uhhh, when I was eight I didn't know everything, and I don't know everything perfectly still because if I did, I would be perfect!
Anyway. It turned out to be a good week. I'm glad to hear that everything in America is still the best...I love America. No one take it for granted....no one.
Hermana Buhrls
No comments:
Post a Comment