Monday, December 30, 2013

Dec. 17, 2013

Hey Fam.
Okay, so I don't remember much of this week. My mind is leaving. And this keyboard sucks. It's fine.

 We had the Christmas concert yesterday. It was so nice to see my fwends, like it always is. I didn't, however, get to see my friends from the capital because the capital's conference was last week. But that's FINE. Guys, it's OKAY. I got to see my fwends who I entered the mission with, and we were like, "Well. We're almost halfway done, and we don't know Spanish. Nice." But we still have some faith, so I think we'll be fine. 

 Bball game. I got way too competetive and I had to sit out for a second. An Elder was like "You almost tried to hit me." Weird. Don't remember.
Speaking of that faith. It's a great thing that we have goin' on. It's something that I need to obtain more in my life. It says in Hebrews that without faith, it is impossible to please Him, and Moroni 7:37 says that miracles are wrought by faith. The 1st principle of the gospel of faith. In order to see any miracle in life, little or big, there needs to be thoughts and acts of faith. For me, I think the most important, and most settle, is to have thoughts of faith. When I go into a lesson, or I'm talking to someone, and I'm thinking, "Oh, crap. My Spanish blows today. Can't do this," then the Spirit is going to hate me and leave. Which is understandable. But if i think, "WELL, I promised Him I would do this, and He promised me He would help me. Gotta have faith. Things are going to work out!" then things are going to work out how they should be. (DC 84:36) (DC 9:11) (1 Nephi 4:6)
I know a 16 year old chick who's just dying to meet Zach. After each lesson we have I let her look at his picture for a solid minute. "Look at his muscles!" "What muscles." "He's so cute and tall and strong!" 

"No he's not. I can choke him out. Easy." 

Then our investigator, who is 13, who is in love with Brynn, calls her Brenda. It's close enough.

So Christmas is coming up. I don't know if I'm a scrooge but I keep forgetting and I'm not even homesick. Maybe it's because I'm not in the states, I don't know. I want to know why I don't care about Christmas. What's wrong with me. Any ideas? No snow? Am I the grinch?  Am I too good for the holidays? Who am I? I'm a disgusting human being. We do have a xmas party coming up for the branch. Whenever we do ANYTHING they always put it all on the missionaries' shoulders. Fine with me. I know how to throw a great party :) 

Anyway. This keyboard is driving me nuts, so I'm going to stop writing. I'll have to make up for it next week. Also. I MIGHT have pday next Wednesday, instead of Monday. So don't be surprised if I don't write. :) Have a wonderful week, all! 

Hermana Buhrls

No comments:

Post a Comment