Monday, December 30, 2013

Dec. 30, 2013

Hello, Family!

Fwends in mi zona


A Christmas tree made out of beer bottles. There ya go!

Okay, NOTHING has happened. For real. I promise I have a life! 

Man, talking to you guys was GREAT. It felt so strange. Sometimes I worry about things back home or I wonder what you guys are going, and I've realized that things back home will take care of themselves. Things were pretty much the same. I mean, my family still remembers me, Sophie is still alive and well...heck, Lil' Red was still patiently waiting for me! And as I was talking to you guys, I couldn't help but think, "Well. Things haven't changed much. But have I?" Sometimes our progression is so slow that it's hard to distinguish if we've progressed. But every Sunday we have the opportunity to see which way we are facing: Christ or the world. And as long as we are progressing, that's all that matters. 

To finish off our Merry Chrimbus, we went on the roof and had some eggnog. Also, to get into the Christmas spirit, we decorated our house and exchanged gifts. I'm such a spoiled Hermana, I know it. I must have done SOMETHING right before this life to be surrounded by such great people!

I hit my halfway mark a few days ago! And for tradition, I took a picture of my "9 months". I definitely am not ready to have a little one anytime soon, in case anyone was wondering! 

We're getting ready for a baptism coming up. I can't wait for it! We don't have a lot of investigators because everyone is less active, but we are working with them on getting them to church again. Sometimes all it takes is an invite and they'll show up. :)


I know that the Christmas spirit is just true love. Christ's love. I like how President Monson said in this last conference, how our Heavenly FAther's love is "constant. It's simply always there." We shouldn't be above asking for help or turning to him. I'm so grateful for His patience with me. The more I live the gospel the more I understand his patience with me and his commitment to agency. I know that Christ lives. I haven't seen him for 20 years, but I know that He's there and that He loves me. A man that never sinned, but suffered as if He had. A man who loves me for me and not my actions. And for that, I am eternally grateful. Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Buhrley

My dear friend, Baroah, and his little pet chicken. His mom, the Relief Society President, made us all Johnny KK's, so that's what he's eatin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment