WHATS UP YALL. What a week. What a good one.
"Daniel, do you know who Jose Smith is?" "Yes, Hermana, I saw him on a bus the other day."
"Hna Buhrley, we need to start planning my birthday party." "Okay, when's your birthday?" "The end of April."
During a lesson, a young man asked me what we eat in the U.S. Before I could answer, his mom said, "They eat a lot of pasta, cornflakes, french fries, and sushi." For me, she's right on the sushi <3
For Valentine's Day we went and ate our feelings with cake and enjoyed it. We were all super trunky that day, which doesn't make any sense because before our missions we could not have cared less about that holiday. Weird how life works.
Throughout the week I saw several American flag shirts on Dominicans. It has to be a sign that we must be doing well in the Olympics or something. Also, I saw and chit-chatted with some wonderful folk from my own country. (Represent) We kind of just stared at each other for a good 10 minutes until I bottled up enough guts to go say hi. Im tellin' ya. What class. What sophistication. One point in the conversation we started talking about money, and they were blown away at how much money we live off of. Then they talked about what they spent in a night for dinner. It made me feel weird about how different my life is now. You Americans are disgusting and don´t realize the extravagence you live in.
No I don´t really think that, I miss it. But at the same time it´s completely different from here, haha.
To those of you who aren´t shaking out your clothes for bugs, and staring at a bucket of cold water to throw on yourself in the morning, remember to say a prayer of thanks for the things you might be forgeting that really are blessings.
ANYWAY. My comp and I are working like crazies and loving it. The end of the week was pretty hard, discouraging, but that´s normal and common in the daily life of a missionary. Story. On Saturday night, we had a little testimony meeting/activity at a member's house, and before everyone got up to leave, one of our investigators poked his head in and said, "Id like to say something really quick." He told a story about how his grandma told him a few weeks ago that he needed to get his act together, but he didnt know how. "Then Hermana Buhrley and Hermana Lujan came by and were just talking to me. Then they started teaching me. I still dont know everything about the church, but I'm changing and I like it. I thank God every night that the Hermanas came over and that I've been able to see His hand in my life." My comp and I didn't get teary-eyed.....just really sweaty (lie). It was a cute little moment and it helped us realize why we truly are here: not for ourselves :) He has his baptism date on the 12th, which is also his BIRTHDAY. Yahoo.
I hope you all can look a little bit harder for the hand of God in your lives every day and give thanks for those occurances.
Take Luck. Take it. Care for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment