Monday, March 17, 2014

February 24, 2014

What up, what up, what up!

So transfers came. My companion is LEAVING ME and I'm upset with her. We were hoping for another transfer together, but noooo. It was kind of a surprise, but it's for the better.......... hopefully :) Haha. Our house was just so perfect. But change is good.


We worked super hard this week and it was a success :) Before we left one day, I prayed by myself and told Heavenly Father that we were going to find someone who needed the gospel. While were strolling along the dusty roads that day, I felt like we had to go to a lady's house that we had talked to once for only, like, 2 minutes. We passed by her house and her door was closed. My comp said "She's not here. Let's go." But I knocked on her door and I was like "Hm. That's weird. Why was I led here when she's not even here."
Then while we were walking away, she poked her head from around the house and said, "Hey, I've been waiting for you guys for two days!" So we taught her and the Spirit was so strong. It was so nice to talk to her. She's so cute too, she's 25, has 4 kids, is so kind and so receptive. The let-down is is that her "husband" is SO gross. I know I need to be nice...and stuff...but really. We contacted him this one day and he was being so obnoxious, and I said something along the lines of "You are old enough to be my dad, that is disgusting." "I have a young wife, it's fine." Yeah I sure was a happy camper when I found out that he's living with cute Maria!

I've been thinking a lot how young missionaries are. I dont think people really understand the enormous responsibility we feel for the people at such a young age. It's a responsibility we gladly take on, but sometimes it can be a heavy burden. For example: How we are, as 20 year olds, supposed to know what to do when we are trying to guide a family to the fullness of the gospel then they drop you out of nowhere. Or a less active who doesn't understand the seriousness of us passing by or going to church. It can be emotionally draining at times, but all of our simple efforts to build up the kingdom of God are worth it. The Lord will never waste or ignore a good labor to progress His work. That I know for sure.
This week was so long. Probably the longest of my mission actually, haha. But i feel like I forgot everything. Sorry guys. Next week. Have a wonderful week, errybody. Y'all are bombin'. 
-Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment