Monday, March 17, 2014

March 3, 2014

Heyyyy we're gonna have a good day. And ain't nobody gonna cry today. Cause ain't nobody gonna die today. We'll save that drama for another day. Heyyy we're gonna have a good day!
Soooo and needle pullin' thread. Anyway. I got a new companion! Her name is Hna Francis. She's super cute, really sweet, has 7 months in the mission, likes Sweeney Todd, eats oatmeal every morning, is from Logan and loves to work :) We get along really well and I know the Lord has a lot of things for us to do and Im super excited. This branch needs a LOT of work but I see so much potention in them and all of the members have such good hearts. Azua has held a really special place in my heart already. I'm really excited to see miracles, big or small. We're planting seeds, working with a lot of less-actives, workin' hard and are happy as clams!
We ran into an American again this week.
¨feels good to mingle with some laid back country folk don-it Har?¨
¨I like it uh-loaat!¨ - Dumb and Dumber 
It was nice talkin to someone new in english :) He was an older gentleman who needs the gospel! He knows a little bit about the church because some of his family are members, but it was nice to answer some questions he had and clear up some misunderstandings about the church. 
We went and taught this older guy a few days ago and I asked him how many kids he has. He hesitated and said, "Like...7?" Haha
I was told that I do a spot-on impression of a Dominican. 11 months would do that to ya. Ay mi mai.
Kelvin is still psyched and prepared for his baptism on the 12th. :) He's the man! Not "the man" the man (the one who captures Shamoo and put him in a chlorine tank) (School of Rock) (I'm on a roll!)
We taught Maria and her friend, and everything that Maria said brough the Spirit. She explained the important to her friend about praying to know if the church is true and I loved every second of it. Maria is just so cute and i know that the church can bless her and her little ones. Although, before she can get baptized she needs to get married by the law to her husband. I want to help her join the church but I don't want her to be with a guy that most-likely will stop her progression. But I wouldn't want her to leave him and be alone with her kids. And I'd be surprised if she considered that an option. I don't know, it's a weird situation. But everything will work out :)
Oh, the day of transfers was crazy. Last monday i forgot the keys to the house and the other hermanas were in the capital. Sooo we were locked out. After kicking the door bunches, screaming to the heavens for 10 minutes and fake crying, we called 10 priesthood leaders for help. Naturally they showed up 45 minutes later. They all had to waste 2 hours of their time to help us out and they were all stressed and I was like "....sorry, guys. MY BAD." But it's whatever. They can tell their children and their childrens' children all about their adventures chainsawing their way into an Hermana's house because the blonde one forgot the keys. 
I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve. I know that every calling in the church is to ultimately serve others. We shouldn't get too caught up in titles or positions because this is Christ's church and His title, not ours. I am also so grateful for the priesthood that's in my life. Last night we went and shared withs ome less-active young men about it and the Spirit was so strong. I told them how grateful I am to have a dad and brother that can bless our home, family and others. I'm grateful to have such good friends that can do likewise. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have that I can discipher what I want in a future husband so he can bless our future home and little monsters. I just wanted to shake those less-active punks and say, "I dont think you get it! You don't understand what you possess and the beautiful blessings that are waiting for you." I felt like a mother hen. But alas, people have their agency and are free to do with it whatever they please. Frustrating at times. 
I am also grateful for the Savior's love. I think He and our Father in Heaven are patiently waiting for us to do whatever little good that we do, just so they can happily bless us. That's just their nature. 
Sorry this email is much too long. I need to simmer down! Thanks for all the prayers and emails. Y'all are too good :)

Hermana Buhrls

No comments:

Post a Comment