Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hello, All!

This morning I woke up realizing that I was just like the princess that Andie showed me on her backpack from Skype yesterday (Ariel). My voice is gone! So this whole day I've been having to do random things to get the other hermanas' attention, and they've been getting really good at reading lips. It's been a fun game. Hopefully it won't last too long :)

It was so great seeing the family yesterday! And finally meeting little Sloany Baloney and talking to Andie Dandy. 

Well, not a whole ton happened this week. We planned all week for that activity, plus my companion and I were sick for a few days and we took it easy. It rains for a good two weeks straight in Azua only once a year. It's been raining a ton, but I love it. It's refreshing and my skin isn't sizzling off, so I'm a'ight with it. :)

We have the most wonderful investigator that we are working with. She's 15 and getting baptized on the 31st. SUCH A SMART GIRL. Ah, I just love her. It was sad, though, because yesterday after church I asked her, "So what did you learn in Young Women's?"

She said, "Well, not a whole lot. Everyone was on their cellphones and we didn't really talk about church. I felt so good while we were in sacrament meeting, but then I didn't feel anything in YW." Then she was confused as to why they were doing that, and my companion and I felt so bad! As members of the church, we really do have to be examples in all times, and in all places. 

The quote from Dieter F Uchtdorf came to mind. "Preach the gospel in all times, and if necessary, use words." 

It's like the other day. We were at a restaurant, and we were talking about how we always have to watch our acts because people are always watching what we do. Hermana Fernandez said, "Its true. Look around." And we all looked around and every single soul was just watching us while we ate. Haha, it was pretty funny.

Kelvin passed the sacrament on Sunday :) And we're all going to the temple on Saturday. Stellar day comin' right up.

We went to teach a lesson before we skyped, and then it started pouring cats and dogs. Then they told us all about their goat that their trying to get pregnant with another goat and all this drama that is involved. So they couldnt listen to our message because they had to fix all of that nonsense. It was definitely a great excuse. One I've never heard before.

Well I heard a wonderful phrase today: bloom where your planted.  We never know where God will send us, or what trial he'll send our way, but wherever we end up at whatever time, we can still grow and develop. 

Thanks for the prayers! Love you all and keep up the good work.

~Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment