Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Hola, mis queridos Hermanos y Hermanas~
Stellar week.
I had a weak back...about a week back. Got a priesthood blessing. Still hurts sometimes, but all is well. Yes, all is well.
We are working really well with the branch. We planned an open house which is going to be pretty dank. It ll be this Saturday. Everyone thinks that we're going to buy crackers and soda because I'm American, so that means I'm rich. Haha. I just want to laugh in all of their faces.
We also have made a branch visit to the temple that ll be on the 17th. Its needed. We've been working our butts off with family history. I guess you could say that I'm a pro. :) Lots of lots of baptisms comin' right up! Plus we have encouraged a lot of couples to get sealed, and so we put our two cents in during our temple prep class. So it's gonna be a busy day, that 17th of May! 
Hermana Francis and I have decided that people here are really poisoned by the other churches. They don't ever learn for themselves. They are just spoon fed beliefs, which doesn't result in true conversion. They attack us, only because they are taught to. and they "quote" the bible, but in reality they've never read any of it. What I love about this gospel is that you can't obtain a firm testimony without doing your part. Whenever I've struggled, or have felt like I was far away from Heavenly Father, I've realized its because I wasn't doing my part. I wasn't reading the scriptures with real intent, praying with real intent, repenting with real intent, or doing other basics without real intent.
People, from all around the world, always calls us Mormons, and understandably forget that the church is about Christ. It's His church, not the Mormon church.
I enjoyed this quote. I've always been a sucker for a good quote <3

 "I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force against religious bigotry, priest-craft, lawyer-craft, doctor-craft, lying editors, suborned judges and jurors, and the authority of perjured executives, backed by mobs, blasphemers, licentious and corrupt men and women—all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there. Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty" -Joseph Smith (History of the Church, 5:401). 

I know we are all trying to be like Jesus, but I´d love to even just be a little more like Joseph Smith! I love that man.
Overall, things are going really great in Azua. I love it A LOT. Which probably means that I'll leave at the end of this transfer, haha. :)
The hermanas in the house and I have made short (and progressing) list of #sistermissionaryproblems.
When the only time you get to go in the font is to clean it #sistermissionaryproblems
When your investigator falls in love with you. Not coming back. And avoiding this street for the next few weeks. #sistermissionarproblems
When staying out til 8:30 is considered a late night. #sistermissionaryproblems
When someone asks you to pass the sacrament. Apostasy. #sistermissionaryproblems
Makeup is only a thing on days when you have District and Zone meetings. #sistermissionaryproblems
Skirts and wind. #sistermissionaryproblems
Well. Gotta go. Thx for all the love and prayers. You all are the best.

Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment