Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Hello Al, 

Transfers came and transfers went and I'm LEAVING and I am so bummed out about it! Hermana Fernandez and I are both leaving. We don't know where, though. She and I were pretty upset because we've seen so much progress here in the last three transfers, and we really don't feel like we're ready to leave. We love all of these people so much. It's just a huge bummer, that's all. But. Heavenly Father has a plan for us and all is well. 

I hate saying goodbyes too. I am THEE WORST. I'll probably just write them all letters because I don't want to bawl like a baby. Hermana Fernandez and I called our branch mission leader and he was crying. Shoot. I just hate transfers sometimes.

ANYWAY.
We had a meeting last night with our branch mission leader, and we were talking about how we really do need to strengthen the branch. I really hope that they continue strengthening the branch and creating a firm foundation. We literally can't build anything on something that isn't stable because the foundation crumbles and you re left with what you started: ground zero. I love this branch so much and I see so much potential in it. I'm really going to miss it. 

The temple was a success! On the way there, I passed through my old area and was so homesick to see my convert and the branch! I thought the whole time "Ohh I wonder how they're doing and what they're up to." Then as soon as I jumped off the bus at the temple, they were all standing outside! Then they ran up and gave me a big hug. I screamed so loud, haha. They had gone to the temple that day because a less active we were teaching is going on a mission now, and he had gone that day to get his endowments out. It was AWESOME. It really was a giant tender mercy :)

The president of the branch and his wife got their endowments out when we went to the temple, and the wife asked me to escort her. So I did :) The spirit was so strong and I am so glad that we went. Overall, the temple trip was a success. We loved it. The members LOVED it. (especially our recent converts!) Everyone was happy. Pretty stellar day. :)

The huge activity that we had on Friday was so fun too! We did this pretty cool skit that everyone loved. Even though I messed up a billion times. It's fine. I just wasn't meant for the spotlight I suppose. 

Well. Even though I'm bummed about leaving (like I've said a trillion times in this lame email) I have to trust in what's coming and be happy anyway. I would hate to look back and only remember that I was sad. I love my mission and the little moments that I have treasured and laughed about. Life really is so good. I love it dearly. 

Have a wonderful week. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

~Hermana Buhrley




No comments:

Post a Comment