This week.
WAS SO LONG.
But it was good.
Yeah, it ended up being good. :)
I'll start by telling you all that I stepped on a nail. (I promised myself that I wouldn't tell Mom and Dad because I know they'd get freaked out, but I just can't hold it in, it's too good)
We were contacting in the middle of NOWHERE and no one was home. I stepped down a step, felt a sharp pain in my foot, looked down at my foot and screamed. "AH COME ON!" (Arrested Development reference)
I started laughing and crying at the same time, and my comp was like, "I can't carry you!"
"To where? and NO." I called the other hermanas and they started walking towards us, then I called the DL and I couldn't remember "nail" in Spanish. So I just said "nail nail nail nail"
"Hermana, I don't know what you're saying!"
| The three hermanas at the hospital |
Just then a car drove by, stopped, the window rolled down, and I heard a familiar voice. "Hermana Buhrley, what's going on?" It was the Primary President, who happens to speak English. She told me what nail was in Spanish, (clavo) and she and her cute kids and nice husband drove me and Hermana Searing to the hospital.
Sketch hospital, I might add. Well, one of the better I've seen in this country, but nothing like the states!
Anyway, I sat down in this little room where the doctor was just reading the paper and a guy (not sure if he was dead) was just lying on a stretcher and everyone else was just joking around. I sat down next to this older lady and this nurse looked at my foot and said "I'm just gonna rip it out."
"No you wont!"
The old lady then held me and gave me the biggest hug and started screaming "Oh Padre Celestial, Oh Padre, Padre, Padre."
I laughed. The nurse ripped the nail out and it didn't hurt that bad. She then cleaned my foot real good. Just like the apostles.
The older woman sitting next to me told me that she was a member. And endowed. I believed her, but she showed me her garments anyway to prove it. She was so cute. Hermana Castillo, that's her name.
I'm so grateful that the Primary President showed up when she did! She told me that she and her husband weren't even planning on driving over there but just knew that they had to.
Then later that night we had a lesson with this older gentleman that is GOLDEN. He has read a lot out of the Book of Mormon, Jose smith historia, and had prayed and received an answer. All in one week. He was sooo excited to go to church yesterday! He cut his hair, got a tie, and changed work days so he didn't have to work.
But it RAINED. And because it rained, EVERYONE had to go out and work yesterday. It's rained 3 days straight and it's so cold! The streets have been flooding, and on Saturday after a baptism we walked through a river in the road. Up to our hips. It was so fun though, I must admit. :)
We also played soccer in the rain too. We went out to play when it was dry, then it started pouring on us. GO FIGURE.
We're still working really hard. Super hard. I'm not trying to get burnt out; some days are better than others, but we're still chugging along! Glad I'm in this area. Glad I'm with my comp. Glad I'm ending soon, haha. Glad I get to be a part of this amazing work.
Love you all!
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment