This week, Y'all!

A HUGE moth came out of nowhere during district meeting and all of us were freaking out and running around the tiny room. An Hermana went to grab it and all of the elders yelled at her because she apparently could have gotten a fever from it. What-E-ver, Elders! It ended up flying out of the window because it was probably sick of us all acting like babies.
We get transfer calls next Sunday. Fingers crossed that I say here! Please oh please oh please oh please.

Aaaand Luisanna's mom just found out that she has a tumor, so Luisanna traveled to go see her and couldn't go to church on Sunday. So, understandably, she won't be baptized on Saturday. Maybe the next week! It is kind of a bummer because my comp most likely will be transferred and won't get to see it. Life of a missionary. Happens to all of us.
This week some branch members asked us for money. And we were like "Uhh NO."

So at the beginning of my mission I really liked contacting. Now I hate it. But my comp and I have decided to recommit ourselves and get our contacting numbers up and rollin'. Because, quite frankly, it doesn't make sense that our contacting numbers are the pits. Contacting is the only thing that we ultimately have control over. We invite people to hear our message; whether they accept or not is their choice, but we already did our part in helping them. If there's no contacting, there's no progression. Lame sometimes, but true.
We helped a super cute family clean their house this week before their move. The elders came over and helped build the house and the hermanas helped clean. We thought we'd be over there for a few hours, but we were there for much longer, ha. But it was good service! Then my comp made us all food. As we were passing the food, Hermana Guzman asked one of the elders to bless the food and he said "Of course!" then put his hands on food, acting like he was giving it a blessing. What a dork.

Hermana Guzman also is a make-up artist. For fun I let her do my make-up and she was like "Where did you learn how to do your makeup? You're a natural!" I just told her that I learned my whole life from Mom and Jess, haha.
I love Spencer W. Kimball so much! He was such a cute little man, and I love his talks and the quotes that he says. One of them caught my eye this week and it made me really appreciate our time on earth; its supposed to be filled with good, beautiful things. Even though this time is a trial, we also came here to enjoy it.

"
Life gives to all the choice. You can satisfy yourself with mediocrity if you wish. You can be common, ordinary, dull, colorless, or you can channel our life so that it will be clean, vibrant, useful, progressive, colorful and rich."
I love being a missionary. So much. Maybe too much.
Have a great week, ya hear?
See you soon,
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment