Got a nasty virus. At first I just thought my body was trying to tell me, "Alright, you're ready to leave the mission! 18 months is a long time." But then it hit me all at once on Thursday while we were helping a family move, and we ended up just going home and I laid in bed for a few days. LAME.
Now I feel much better and I'm almost back to my ol' self.
We've been teaching this little girl who is 8 for awhile. Her parents are in the branch and we've just been preparing her for baptism for good service. She's a little monster. She's a total girl's girl and loves to play with my hair and run around in dresses and sing. Needless to say, teaching was hard, but we found ways to get her focused. ANYWAY. That little nut it getting baptized tonight (because it's her birthday too) and I'm making her chocolate chip cookies because they are her favorite. Gosh, I just couldn't say no.
We had interviews with President on Wednesday. I walked in, sat down, he shrugged his shoulders, so did I, and we both said, "See you soon?" Then I got up and left. Better interview will be comin' my way in a few weeks!
I was thinking about trials this week and how we had wanted them before this life in order to grow and progress. During our time on earth, there will never be an end to trials and hardships. But also on the contrary, there will never be an end to blessings either. There is always something so beautiful to be grateful for. It's just easy to forget about it at times. And once we arrive at those golden gates in the next life with our families by our sides, we'll be able to say, "Well. Life wasn't the way I thought it was going to be. But it was what it needed to be. And we made it."
It's the same with my mission. Not what I thought, but exactly what I've needed. Being here has really helped me appreciate my trials, as well as my blessings.
Thanks for being the best. All of you. See you in 3.
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment