That's not a typo. That is what you call an ear-nose-throat doctor in Spanish.
Anyway. This week went by real fast! The weeks are going by so much faster. I'm excited, scared, happy, sleepy. This last month and a half will fly, I'm sure. Dang it.
Yesterday we went and ate at the Branch President's house. He is always really, really busy with church stuff, so his wife is usually alone. We got to see a different side of her yesterday, and in a way, I felt really bad for her. She's usually alone on Sundays and didn't want us to leave. It was fun talking to her and such. We ate and ate and ate and enjoyed chitchatting.
We got to spend a day in the elder's area, looking for less-actives on Friday. We got to go out with the members and it was AWESOME. We had to meet at the elders' chapel, and we walked in on a baptism. After it, I went to congratulate the new convert and he yanked me in and gave me the biggest hug I've ever gotten. :) All 60 of the missionaries laughed and the mission President did too. It was sight to see, I'm sure.
We worked with another companionship in their area. There was this one elder who, even though didn't have a lot of time in the mission and didn't speak perfectly, was SO loving! He made the people feel so good about themselves and feel so happy. He just smiled and laughed with them and tried his hardest to communicate with them. It made my heart tender to the max. He truly was doing the Lord's will and giving it his all :)
But I really did love working in that area. It made me miss Azua.
Luisanna is getting baptized on the 9th. HOLLA.
This week we spent most of our time preparing for a Father's Day activity on Friday. We had to run around sooo much. That day Hermana Matteson and I literally had to run around La Venta. So many people were yelling at us, "Americanas! Why are you running!?" Haha, but it felt really good to run again, I must admit.
Anyway. We decorated the church and it looked AWESOME. I had a bunch of ideas and we just ran with it. The Relief Society President also wanted us to made a video, and Hermana Matteson and I made it in 5 hours. The whole thing, haha. It was stressful, but it ended up being alright I guess. They all loved it and people even cried, haha. If you want to watch it, I believe its called "Dia De Los Padres -by Talia Matteson" on Youtube.
And yesterday the branch president during sacrament got up and said " I would like to congratulate the Relief Society for handling such an amazing activity on Friday." We just smiled and looked at each other because they didn't do anything, haha :)
Today I heard that our lives are like bike rides. We got along and realize its a tandem bike and our Savior is there peddling along behind us. At some point we don't really know where we are going, and let the Savior take the lead. Many times we are confused at where he is taking us, and why we are going on such difficult paths. We ask where we are going and he smiles and responds, "Just keep peddling."
Ultimately the Savior will take us only as far as we let Him. In order to reach our full potential we have to keep going no matter how steep, how long the path. God will ultimately take us to our highest heights and bring us to the tops of the hardest times. We just have to trust and peddle! I know God is mindful of us, and the desires of our hearts. Hearing about that talk made me remember another talk given by Uchtdorf. He also talks about the hard times in life, reminding us to live and enjoy life in the present. He says "I don't go on a bike ride with my wife, wishing that the bike ride will be over. I don't listen to music either, only enjoying it until its over."
Life is good, guys.
Con amor,
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment