Sunday, July 6, 2014

May 26, 2014

Dear Beloved Humans,

IM IN LA VENTA, Y'ALL. Holla right atcha boy. When I received the news of where I was going, I must admit that I was a bit intimidated. Missionary work is a different ballgame here, and quite frankly, everything is different here. But I'm psyched to be back in the capital. It brings back lots of memories and feelings of my first area <3 

My cute comp is a tiny Costa Rican babe who works hard and is fun to be area. Her name is Hermana Reyes and we sure do make a good team. She and I are both new to the area because they're switching things up a bit, soooo, lots of contacting. Figuring out who people are, remembering names and such. The area is teenie-tiny so its different than what I've dealt with. I know that I have to stay optimistic, happy, and try to find a way to dispel every notion that has been planted in my head about the area. We've both had to shift what we view as success and start off really small. Which sometimes is the pits, but hey, life's good. The adversary is going to make sure that we feel overwhelmed and discouraged so that we cant use our best weapon, the Spirit. 

Church was pretty interesting. There wasn't a whole lot of apostasy, so I just had to sit back and not boss people around like I did in all of my other areas. Joke. But it was different. They seemed to have it all together which was pretty tiiiight. The members are awesome and I'm excited to meet and work with them. The President has a real genuine love for missionary work. He's got a lot of work for us to do and we're psyched to get it done. 

During Young Women's, the YW President asked us to share with the YW what are plans are for after the mission. FOR SOME REASON I JUST BAWL AND BAWL AND BAWL LIKE A BABY WHENEVER I TALK ABOUT CELESTIAL MARRIAGE.I don't get it, I'm not even married. But in all reality, it was awesome talking with the little muchachas about things that really matter in life. And about something that will really bring you the most happiness. It was frustrating because no matter how much we tell them that we must marry men who are worthy members to take us the temple, they aren't really going to understand the importance of that until they are older. But they'll figure it out.

We went caroling for mother's day. (yesterday) It sounds lame, but it was actually super fun. We had to sing louder than the music on the streets, and we had to dodge a bunch of drunk dancers. On the plus side, I got some new moves to show off once I head on home. 

Also we're meeting our new mish prez on Friday.  #interviewsinenglishifiwant

ANYWAY. 

Recently :
-we received homemade soup from an Hermana in the branch. There was a pig ear in it. A full ear. 
-We watched a member cook a pigs head. The entire thing. All of it.
-Ate that.
-Nah, joke. I was "full".
-This girl keeps talking to me in "English" but I never understand a word she says. I hope it's not the other way around with my Spanish.

Well can I say. It's always an adventure here. Always something new, strange, or unsanitary. Remember that the church is true.

Will love, 
Hermana Buhrley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment