Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014

So, Everyone, 

We just waited for a good THREE HOURS for the electricity to come back at the internet place. We all thought that we had learned patience on our missions but apparently not. Me vuelve loca. 

Things happened this week. 

We got a reference that's a family. They had the missionaries over awhile ago but we're feeling it. Then they asked a member to have us come by again. SWEET. 

We've been contacting bunches. We're in the rich part of the capital so I've already gotten used to getting doors slammed in the face. But I've been getting pretty good at doing whatever to spark up a conversation with them or try to get into their house. Not like a creep, though. 

There was this one lady who was NOT excited to see us the other day. Her excuse for not having us in the house was that she was tired and she didn't have time. I told her, "Well, if you need any help with anything at all, here's a card with our number and an invite to the church. We teach a message about Christ and his restored church, but we are also here to serve. To be honest, we have a lot of time on our hands right now.."

 "Why is that?"  she asked.

"Because people won't let us share today.."

 "Why?"

 "Because they keep telling us that they're tired and are too busy." 

Then she laughed a lot and said "Hey, that's what I did! Get in here and share with me!" 

We did. It was a good lesson. I wouldn't say she had a ton of interest in the lesson, but we shared and she liked us. I've heard that it takes, on average, people 7 times to hear about the gospel in order to finally accept it. We planted a seed, I hope. 

I have come to love the bible. I was always like "eh" about it before my mission, but now I appreciate it more. Holla. 

We had a training meeting which was pretty cool. My comp fell asleep so we had to walk around outside for awhile for her to stay awake, haha. But overall the meeting was sweeeet. Had to say goodbye to people though. I'm still so bad at it. 

We ate pizza this morning as a district and it was SUPER fun. I love my district so much. Probably one of my favorites. Also, a member on Friday is throwing a goodbye party and she's ordering pizza. Pizza twice in a week? Life is wonderful. 

I don't want to leave yet.  

But I do. 

We were walking through the street one morning, and I saw a guy selling flowers. I would always buy my old comp a flower, so I thought "Ill buy Hermana Reyes a flower and give it to so-and-so to give to her today when they see each other." So I bought one. This really rich man in this huge truck drives by, tries to talk to me, but I ignore him because I was weirded out. SO. We keep walking, and he drives up behinds us after awhile, and says "Rubia. I have a gift for you." and pulls out a bouquet of flowers. I fought with him about receiving them for 3 minutes, then finally accepted them, and invited him to church. Then we walked away. Haha. It was super awkward. I love the flowers, but receiving them was uncomfortable.

Something cool happened this week. We were contacting at night because all of our appointments fell through, and we had to feeling to go see someone who we live by. So of course we scurried our way there. When we show up the house, the other four hermanas had showed up unexpectedly too, along with two other members. We all just had to feeling to go, so we all sat down, and had an AMAZING lesson about trials and submitting to Christ's will. I'm not exactly sure why the Lord wanted us six hermanas at this man's house, along with two members, but it was cool to see this man feel so loved and so appreciated, especially through a difficult challenge in life. 

My comp and I have some really good plans coming up this week, and I'm excited to still do missionary stuff!

See you all real soon,

Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment