So where to start. We've been having problems with the leaders in the branch. Lots of nonsense going on that shouldn't have been going on, sooo...we told our mission president, and suuuper long story short...we were worried that there weren't going to be any missionaries to help continue the work and strengthen the branch.
We prayed. Lots. And were worried. But we finally agreed that the Lord knew, and that President Nuckols was going to do what was best.
Transfers came, and YES. He took Hermanas out of the area, and put Elders in there. But the cool thing was, is that we did a switch. The houses are all the same, just switching areas. Elders to the hermanas' area, and hermanas to the elders' area. I know that my investigators are kept safe and that the Elders will work hard with them. (But if not, imma come at 'em!) I'm really happy, though, about what's going to happen. But I know that the members are not. They looove us hermanas, and there were definitely some tears shed yesterday at church.
On Saturday we went and had a little goodbye dinner at Hermana Lou's house. She bought pizza for us and it was super fun being all together. We shared a really powerful message about being grateful. We talked about how our Heavenly Father wont bless us with anything more if we aren't already grateful for what we have, and how we must be grateful for the little things in life; for in the end they will become the big things. Hermana Lou cried a lot because it was our last lesson. I like to think that it was because of the Spirit, haha. But gosh, my heart was tender.
I had my last interview with President yesterday. It was great! I passed my mission.
And we went to the Brito's house last night and had an awesome lesson with an RM that is one of the silliest people. But everything he said was exactly what I needed to hear- how to keep strong after returning home from a mission. I AM nervous, I must admit. About a few things. But all is well in Zion and things will all work out, Im sure of it!
Tomorrow Im going to the temple with the hermanas that are leaving with me. I'm psyched to go, but it's going to be bittersweet being in the DR temple for the last time. Bueno. Not last time, last time. But.. last time for awhile. Then we're going to party it up at Prez's house with some good food, then we'll have a rockin' testimony meeting.
THEEEEEEN. On WEDNESDAY I get to get on a plane and fly across the ocean and see my family again! I'm happy and excited for it.
But I'm sad that I'm leaving such wonderful people. I've realized that I will leave a really big part of my heart on this crazy, little random island. I re-read a poem that I heard once, and I think it fits perfectly to how I feel right now.
A mission is a strange experience. It's a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst, yet teaches you the best.
They told me this would be the best period of my life.
But I guess they didn't explain it all too clear.
I came out looking for a bed of roses.
I just wasn't expecting all the thorns I've found here.
Since I've been out, I've never been so happy.
I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken.
I've never felt so blessed.
I've never been so confused.
My mind has never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant.
I've never felt Him so near.
I've never been so discouraged.
I've never been so full of hope.
I feel like I can go forever.
I think I've come to the end of my rope.
I've never had so many ups.
I've never had so many downs.
I've never worn so many smiles.
I've never worn so many frowns.
I've never been so lonely.
I've never had so many friends.
Man, I hope this is all over with soon.
Gosh, I hope it never ends.
See you on Wednesday! <3
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment