We went to the temple this week. DOPE.
The spirit was so strong and I felt really good about what I've done on my mission.
The fire alarm went off and that was awkward. We all just looked around for, like, 10 minutes. Didn't know what to do in that situation, haha.
I also thought I was going to pass out during the session. Some lady gave me some water and THE WHOLE ROOM watched me chug. I'm sure they all heard me gulping because I was so nervous and just had to down that thing. #stagefright
But I got to see some of my bestest friends on the mission, and man, was I happy! We all got to chitchat afterwards on the temple grounds, then we all went out to Wendy's. Wendy's is some fancy-schmansy restaurant here, and it really did feel like it. We got on a guagua afterwards though and I thought I was going to throw up all over everyone, especially the old gentleman that I sat next to. Could you imagine, barf in his face?
Miguel couldn't go to church again because it rained and that means he had to work. BUT. We ended up teaching a really powerful lesson on the word of wisdom with a member, and he ended up going to a family home evening with us. He was really bummed that he couldn't go to church but he changed his shifts around so he can go to church now. And he told us that he already feels like a member of the church. Cute little old man. So obedient. One of my favorite things that he's said, is when we asked him how chapter 2 was of the Book of Mormon, he said, "Well, after Moroni appeared to Jose Smith, he appeared another three times and repeated what he had said before. That's how I feel like chapter 2 was. Just a repeat." :) I guess he's right.
He likes to read. He's read Joseph Smith history a few times, some talks, handouts a few times, and he cross-references the BOM with the Bible. He's a little study-er!
But he's so prepared and I feel like I haven't done anything to help him! Just ask him to act, he does it, then he's more converted. It's amazing.
This week it has rained a lot. Which is a'ight with me! Except when it gets more humid afterwards.
We had a combined zone activity in the capital today at some mega-park that's 4 miles long. It was super fun. We ended up playing soccer, like we always do, (Latins) but I loved it. It always will hold a special place in my heart, and I always will feel a bit too competitive, regardless if I'm a missionary or not.
But I had to keep saying goodbye to people and that will always pull at my heartstrings. Let's be honest here, I'm ready to go home, but I am a little tender at the fact that I won't be able to see my friends from different countries anymore. (I guess it's just an excuse now to go visit the world!) Goodbyes are hard for me because I'm just such a baby.
Man oh man. The mission is great. See you soon.
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment