Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14, 201i''


Hello, ALL. 

So we moved this week. I feel like that's all we did ALL WEEK LONG because it took, like, four days. There was so much cleaning and getting yelled at (landlord). And we yelled at some people too. (office elders) We got yelled at because the landlord didn't want us to move. Sorry, lady. Just following orders. 

ANYWAY. We moved. Awesome. We got lots of help from some amazing members from the branch and I was sooo grateful for their help. They went above and beyond. They will do anything for us hermanas. :)

I started the Book of Mormon a week ago. Told myself that I'll finish it by the end of this transfer. The Hermanas said I couldn't do it, but I'll prove them wrong. #hatersgonnahate

We found the COOLEST GUY this week. And he is really prepared to receive the gospel. We found him because I was walking in the street, and he was like "Blondie! If a motorcycle hits you, you re gonna get hurt and I'm gonna have to start a fight! And I don't wanna do that! Walk on the sidewalk!"

 And I was like "Hey! I'll walk on the sidewalk if you go to church!" We stopped yelling then chitchatted. We've taught him twice and he said that he prayed to Heavenly Father a few weeks ago to help him find a direction in his life. All of his questions are prime, and of course we always have answers :) He's the first Dominican that I've met that has said that having faith is hard. That's such a real answer to me. I hope and pray that things will go well with him. He's very sincere and has a real desire to progress.

We've been visiting a family that had the missionary discussions wayyyy back when. We've seen some progression in them, but we can kind of tell that they won't be the easiest family to baptize...haha. BUT. Miracles, right? We went to a lesson with a member, and afterwards, the member was blown away about this family. "They actually like you guys! They actually let you come in. They had questions! They have interest! They're progressing!" And this whole time, I was like "Uhhhh this family is so frustrating!" haha I definitely need to be more grateful. 

About being grateful. Sometimes the more we see people or see things, the more invisible they become. We truly need to thank our Heavenly Father consistently for our blessings. And if we aren't grateful, ask for help to be grateful. We shouldn't wait be humbled to recognize His hand in our life.

We met this Scottish guy this week. I thought he was hilarious but my companion thought he was rude, haha. I never thought I'd been a Scot in the Dominican Republic, that's for sure. He talked about his Dominican wife, his house with six bathrooms, cotton candy, how he hates Americans, and how he doesn't believe in God. Don't ask me how that train of thought came about, because I have no idea. 

During sacrament meeting yesterday, this lady got up who I had never met before, and said ,"I live in Utah now. I'm just visiting. Oh, I have to tell all of you that church in Utah is marvelous.I can't count how many people go to church! So many people! And there's churches on every street! It's like heaven!" It made me so happy! I talked to her afterwards :) She moved to Lehi to live with her daughter and their cute family. We became instant bff's, and we've already made plans to meet up once I go home, haha. Alright with me!

And. We finally got a branch mission leader. We got work done WITHOUT ONE. Now we're gonna get more work done. Pretty psyched :)

Anyway. Have a great week, all! Love you so much.

Hermana Buhrley









No comments:

Post a Comment