Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March 31, 2014



Hello All,

I heard a gr8 quote this week. "The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone. But the things you do for others remain as your legacy." Classic.

We went to this house this week, and the front door was open. We yelled hullooooo a bunch of times, but no one came. I poked my head in, and saw these two legs poking out from behind the couch. We kept yelling hello, but the legs wouldn't move. I started freaking out because the legs were a weird color, and I was like "Uh. Just found a dead body." After a few more minutes of yelling, the legs moved, and this old man woke up from his nap and said hi. I was like "Why did you sleep behind the couch?"

"It's cold on the ground." I still don't know why he slept behind the couch..it looked exactly how someone would stuff a dead body behind furniture.

ANYWAY. I have a year, guys! Can you believe it? Gosh, I was so spoiled the whole day! I woke up to balloons all over the house, and cute little colored signs and notes hanging from the ceiling. We had a glorious breakfast fit for Daughters of a King then sang and rocked out to music from Hercules and Mulan. Then during the day, on every hour, I received cute little letters from my companion. I was blessed and felt so loved! GREAT DAY.

What I love about the church is how we never attack other churches when they are fighting with us. Ever. Never ever. We simply just turn the other cheek then testify the truth.

We have really awesome investigators! There's this family that is so ready for the gospel that its ridiculous. The problem is..is that the mom only has time on Saturdays and Sundays. She's always working. We need to teach her more often, buuuuut how do you get around work? I don't know! But God can work miracles. I've seen them :)

We're teaching this wayyyy cool lady from Atlanta Georgia. I feel like I'm teaching "NeNe" from the Real Housewives aaaall the time. But she's way more chilled than NeNe. Ah, she is so amazing. We're teaching her and her family, but her kids are little, sooo. This lady is amazing. She's only living here for a year or so, but it's so great to go over to her house. The Spirit is always so strong. Plus we get to speak in English, sooo that's a plus :) We sang I know That My Redeemer Lives the other day, and she got a little teary-eyed. Her kids were so quiet and reverent and wanted us to sing again. She is one of the greatest, most coolest people I've ever met. :)

Not a lot of our investigators went to church yesterday. During sacrament my companion and I were talking..
"Only a few people came...everyone said they would, but they didn't." -Me
"Yeah I'm really sad too. Well. We take what God gives us." -my companion
"God gave them the opportunity to come to church. They had their agency. Ultimately they just didn't want to." -Me
Why do we go to church? Do we feel like its an option? We shouldn't. To people here, it's always a second option to them. "Or they have a headache."
Its aaaalways a headache.
"Then take a pill to make you feel better and come."
"I can't, Hermana. I can't swallow pills." Oh geez. Haha
We pray for them, we pass by their houses, we fast for them...For real, we can't just spoon feed conversion to them. When Lehi wanted to share the fruit of life with his family, he didn't shove it down their throat. They chose to murmur and murmur and just kept on murmuring. Agency is just a silly thing sometimes. Going to church is a commandment, people! I mean, Christ didn't come down to earth and establish His church just so we could just sit around all day.

I hope everyone has a great week.  I love you all!

Hermana Buhrls

No comments:

Post a Comment