Gotta a lotta things on my mind.
Transfers came. Still the same. :)
General Conference. Super good, right? I felt like all of the apostles and the prophet were targeting young people. Hermana Fernandez and I were talking last night about our future children...even though we don't know them yet, we need to start preparing now to help them, because we love them. They need firm mothers who need to marry unwavering fathers. And there really is absolutely no need at all, or time, to be relaxed in living the gospel. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and our kids need to fully immersed in the gospel principles and standards. Satan knows what he's doing, he's not stupid. But we are WAYY smarter and more powerful, sooo. We got this.
Thing week, work wise, was a hard one. We dropped nearly all of our investigators. Our progressing investigator who we've been working with for FOREVER told us that he has problems with the law of chastity and would rather be with a woman older than his mom, sooooo. That was great. Then another golden girl (figuratively speaking, of course) told us that she has school every Sunday for the rest of her life. Awesome. Can't go to church. There were two days where we dropped nearly all of them. But they aren't progressing. It's frustrating, because we love these people, but it's good to start new, right? Haha, tryin' to stay positive :)
We do have this lady who's from the US that I loooooooooove. She's so great! We gave her a Book of Mormon and she's been readin' up a storm! :)
I have this thing with talks from the apostles and the prophet...where I read like 20 a day. I've read all of the talks in the house about 100 times. ANYWAY. There's this story that Bednar shared that I've been thinking about a lot lately. He would go home after church every Sunday for a few years, and he'd ask his nonmember dad, "When are you getting baptized?" His dad would say all sorts of little comments, but one day he finally sat his son down and asked him, "The men in your church have the priesthood right? The power of God?" Bednar said yes. Then his father asked him, "If that's the case, then why would I join them when they act like any of other man from any other church?" Bednar was speechless, and didn't know what to say to his dad. But he later on in the talk he explained how we aren't better than any of our brothers and sisters, but we need to act more Christlike because we know better. We need to act differently than the world. We need to literally stand in holy places and stand against the things that aren't pertaining to the lifestyle of Christ's teachings.
Sometimes Heavenly Father asks us to do some things, and we don't really understand why. But He knows better than we do, right? And He's not going to lead us astray, right? SO we need to trust in Him and have faith that things are going to end up okay. Something that I've learned constantly my whole mission, is that faith is trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse. Let your faith and patience, in a sense, let you watch the unfolding purposes of God with a sense of wonder and awe. Then in the end, things will all make sense.
Thank you for all of your prayers. I can feel them. I am so grateful for all of you! <3
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment