So this week. A lot has happened, but while I'm typing right now nothing comes to mind. SO THIS WILL BE INTERESTING.
First thing that comes to mind. Last night we took an investigator to a family home evening. It was a major success, you could say. We've been teaching this girl for awhile and she literally understands EVERYTHING.
I'll start from the beginning. She's been dating this really big street punk for awhile and being with him really stopped her from progressing, which was really frustrating to watch. But then she broke up with him for good, even though it was hard at first for her. But she knew that she was supposed to do it, and she knew that she wasn't progressing as well as she wanted to. We took her to a member's house, and it was just Victor, who just got back home from his mission, and his nonmember mother who's been taking the lessons and going to church for 4 years, and has two sons on missions. She's just been waiting on her answer.
So this RM shared with us something that was really basic. Coincidentally, Mom talked about it in her email too. We read Moroni 10:3-5 and talked about the Holy Ghost and how we receive personal revelation. Victor shared with us a story about when he first started receiving the missionaries. He FELT good, even though he didn't understand exactly why, and he didn't realize that was personal revelation until later on. His mother then shared with us when she first had the missionaries come into their home, and she got choked up. Especially when she mentioned Victor and the change that she saw in him. She remembers him telling her, "Mom, I feel so good and I want you to feel this way too." She cried and said, "I want to feel the way that he did." And we basically said, "You know what you have to do."
THEN our investigator shared with us something that made us choked up. I won't be able to send through this email the feelings that I have towards that experience. The Spirit was so strong and it was so neat hearing what she had to say. She talked about how she had been investigating churches for a long looong time, but she actually felt something different when we walked into her house for the first time, and that's what made her want us to come back. She was so grateful to us. Listening to her testimony on what she knows is true reeeally just made me really good about being a missionary. All of the hard work, long hours, sweating all the time, hunger, emotional and physical draining moments, contacting..is all worth it. I honestly do believe that God's hand is in His work, wherever that may be, and that when we are on the Lord's errand we will reap the rewards of our labors. Whether that be in this life or the next.
There's an activity for Father's Day on Friday. The Relief Society President asked ME to decorate, and i was like "Mmmmm....I don't know..." Then she got really stressed and I finally said yes. So we'll see how this decorating goes. :)
We did exchanges this week again because my comp's feet are still hurting her. Exchanges were super fun, though. :) Got lots of work done. Had to pray A LOT and had to more fully rely on the Spirit.
Overall, super good week. Got things done, worked hard, and time is going by super duper fast. I only have 9 weeks left. And I only know that because there's an Hermana who's counting down, haha. I truly love my mission, and when i think about home I just think about seeing family then the rest, "Nahhh."
First thing that comes to mind. Last night we took an investigator to a family home evening. It was a major success, you could say. We've been teaching this girl for awhile and she literally understands EVERYTHING.
I'll start from the beginning. She's been dating this really big street punk for awhile and being with him really stopped her from progressing, which was really frustrating to watch. But then she broke up with him for good, even though it was hard at first for her. But she knew that she was supposed to do it, and she knew that she wasn't progressing as well as she wanted to. We took her to a member's house, and it was just Victor, who just got back home from his mission, and his nonmember mother who's been taking the lessons and going to church for 4 years, and has two sons on missions. She's just been waiting on her answer.
So this RM shared with us something that was really basic. Coincidentally, Mom talked about it in her email too. We read Moroni 10:3-5 and talked about the Holy Ghost and how we receive personal revelation. Victor shared with us a story about when he first started receiving the missionaries. He FELT good, even though he didn't understand exactly why, and he didn't realize that was personal revelation until later on. His mother then shared with us when she first had the missionaries come into their home, and she got choked up. Especially when she mentioned Victor and the change that she saw in him. She remembers him telling her, "Mom, I feel so good and I want you to feel this way too." She cried and said, "I want to feel the way that he did." And we basically said, "You know what you have to do."
THEN our investigator shared with us something that made us choked up. I won't be able to send through this email the feelings that I have towards that experience. The Spirit was so strong and it was so neat hearing what she had to say. She talked about how she had been investigating churches for a long looong time, but she actually felt something different when we walked into her house for the first time, and that's what made her want us to come back. She was so grateful to us. Listening to her testimony on what she knows is true reeeally just made me really good about being a missionary. All of the hard work, long hours, sweating all the time, hunger, emotional and physical draining moments, contacting..is all worth it. I honestly do believe that God's hand is in His work, wherever that may be, and that when we are on the Lord's errand we will reap the rewards of our labors. Whether that be in this life or the next.
There's an activity for Father's Day on Friday. The Relief Society President asked ME to decorate, and i was like "Mmmmm....I don't know..." Then she got really stressed and I finally said yes. So we'll see how this decorating goes. :)
We did exchanges this week again because my comp's feet are still hurting her. Exchanges were super fun, though. :) Got lots of work done. Had to pray A LOT and had to more fully rely on the Spirit.
Overall, super good week. Got things done, worked hard, and time is going by super duper fast. I only have 9 weeks left. And I only know that because there's an Hermana who's counting down, haha. I truly love my mission, and when i think about home I just think about seeing family then the rest, "Nahhh."
Life is so good.
Thank you all for everything!
Con amor,
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment