Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 30, 2014

Hey hey hey,


Elder Zwick of the 70 came and spoke to our branch this week. To say the least, I wasn't very too pleased when I heard about it. The last time I heard him speak wasn't my most favorite day ever, but it was really good! We got a lot of people to attend church and it was really cool. We got a few investigators and a LOT of less actives. The Spirit was really strong during the whole three hours...which was really different for us missionaries. Usually we are worrying, but this week we didn't really need to. The speakers were awesome and I learned a lot from the Spirit.

What made me laugh, though, was that everyone kind of brown-nosed to Elder Zwick the whole time. During classes, everyone was watching videos of him and reading talks from him and talking about him, and I just kinda laughed. I'm sure it made him feel good, though, haha.

My companion and I did a lot of service this week. Lots of folding laundry, cleaning houses, and we cooked a bunch too. I looove when we take out time to do service. And I love it when people let us serve them too. Even though our numbers weren't necessarily the best, I felt like this week was one of the most fulfilling Ive had. Service is awesome. Everyone feels benefited.

We met this old whithered little woman while we were contacting this week, who, at first, wasn't too happy to see us or hear us. But after talking to her for awhile, we could tell that life hasn't been so good to her, and we could quickly and happily answer every single one of the questions she had relating to the gospel. She was confused why there are so many churches on earth, why God lets bad things happen, and where her husband ended up after he had been murdered. It was interesting to see her change during the time we were discussing with her about what we believed. Her posture changed and the way she had spoken with us. It was a neat experience and I'm excited to go back and talk to her again.

We met this reeeally cool less active two weeks ago. He has gone to church in the last two weeks, and despite of what people have been thinking, he actually is a really solid person. He's really intelligent and knows a lot about the gospel. He hasn't gone to the temple yet, so that's what we're going to focus on with him. He loved it when Elder Zwick talked about the temple with everyone on Sunday; it was his favorite part. It's just sad that the members just automatically expect the worst of him. And even when he showed up, we had to tell people to go talk to him. We're working with his family and we can definitely see a bright future for all of them. I'm really excited! :)

Life is really good :)

Thank you all for everything. Prayers are the best. Love you all!
Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment