A few days ago, we were walking down the street, when we noticed a little old lady carrying a huge load of clothes and walking like she was in a lot of pain. My heart broke, so we stopped to help her, and she said that she had that infamous chukungunya.
The next day, after we got home at night, I felt really weird and sat at my desk. I started to read when my companion turned to me to say something and gasped. Everyone screamed "CHIKUNGUNYA" and I definitely felt like I was Phantom of the Opera; wanting to hide my face like a MONSTER. My whole body was covered in beautiful red dots and splotches, I had a high fever, I was nauseous, and all of my joints hurt so badly, especially my feet, so I couldn't walk. While walking, I looked like a mix of Elaine dancing from Seinfeld, Michael Jackson's Thriller, and Edward Scissorhands. It was painful to walk and I'm sure even worse to witness. My body was so exhausted and worn out; as if lying in bed for 5 days was soooo hard.
Yesterday was a rough day. I missed church, and that's always hard, especially on the mission. I was sad because I wanted to leave, but I literally couldn't, and I was frustrated. I had lots of time to think, though, and after reading more church history I decided that I would be the #1 worst pioneer ever. And I kept thinking how, for some reason, everything would be fixed if I had a Raspberry Dr Pepper from Sonic.
Then last night the President of the Branch, his 2nd counselor and our branch mission leader came and gave me the sacrament. They walked in, sat down, and our branch mission leader looked at me and said, "You look ugly." I then told him to get out because I couldn't partake of the sacrament with the spirit of contention. The President then told me for 10 minutes about what the sacrament is, what it represents, and why it's important. As if I have never taken it or I've never taught it before. So I just nodded my head a few times during his little shpeel to help him feel like I was listening.
The sacrament was wonderful :) My Sunday had felt weird without it.
Then they proceeded to give me a blessing. But instead of asking, they said, "We're gonna give you a blessing or you re going to die because we had a friend who died from this and we don't want you to die." Then they put their hands on my head without me saying a word, and no, they couldn't say Caitlyn or Brooke, but I'm pretty sure that Heavenly Father understood. It was a wonderful blessing, and I know that it was inspired. Something that stuck out was that there are people waiting for me who don't know that they are waiting to receive the gospel, and that I need to help these members feel grateful and loved. We all got blessings as a house which helped us all feel more united with the leaders. You best believe it was a good time.
Well, other than being sick, we received an answer to our prayers. Our investigator is with this guy who makes us sooo...mad....and we think she can do a lot better. She's SUCH a wonderful creature, and she hasn't been able to progress with him by her side. So we prayed to help her realize that she can't progress and that she deserves better. And it kicked in her brain this week. All thanks to the Holy Ghost, I'm sure. An answer to our prayers, and a good reminder to marry well. Marry someone you can spiritually progress with.
Here's a good quote:
“Though we have rightly applauded our ancestors for their spiritual achievements (and do not and must not discount them now), those of us who prevail today will have done no small thing. The special spirits who have been reserved to live in this time of challenges and who overcome will one day be praised for their stamina by those who pulled handcarts.”
― Neal A. Maxwell
Even though walking still hurts sometimes, I feel a lot better, and hey, I can still use my hands! (shout out to Mom and Dad) Thank you all for errythang. I'm psyched to get out there and work again <3
Con amor
Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment