Tuesday, July 30, 2013

April 11, 2013

Hola, mi familia!

Thank you for writing me! Part of me gets really scared for P-day because I worry that you guys forgot about me, haha. Anyway, this week has gone by so slow and so fast. The days are SO LONG but the weeks are short. I feel like I've told you guys that already, but really, I never know what day it is. For all I know, it's March 28th and I've only been here for a day. That would be a nightmare. ANYWAY. I'll tell ya what's been going on...not much.
The Haitians went back to the field, and they left yesterday. I got so many love letters and it was just soooo creepy, haha. One of them gave me a ring, and their zone leader had to talk to them about not being so upfront. Then the mission prez said, "That most likely will happen to you in the mission field, and you might have to switch areas, so just be prepared."And I was like WHAT?  So that was interesting.
Conference was THE BOMB. (Sorry, can't use slang. It was wonderful and joyous and things) We watched all of it and talked about it in-between and I really liked it. I wish that I had watched it more while I was growing up, because it's really a cool thing. If Jesus was speaking, so many people would travel far and wide to hear him, and when you think about it, General Conference is pretty much the same thing. Just not Jesus in the flesh, haha. Also, I wish that I had gone to the temple more. I'm really glad that I went with my friends senior year, but I wish that I had done it more with my family. What I'm trying to say is, Brynn go to the temple. Today in the celestial room, the spirit was so strong, and I couldn't help but get teary-eyed. (First time here) Even though this week has been a rough one, I'm so happy. We got to go to the store, and people were yelling at us and kids were calling us the f-word, but that night, I just prayed and thanked Heavenly Father so much for the wonderful day. We got to leave the MTC, I got to find my most favorite pen at the store, and my companion and I bought Oreos! It was such a good day. Oh and at the store, this lady was saying that we weren't of Jesus, and I was like, "Yes, we do."And pointed at my name tag, haha.

AND this other lady came up and was yelling, saying that we Americans are treating them like they're so poor and we're looking down on them (even though we were just picking up trash at the park) and one of the sisters said, "Well, Sister..blahblahblah" And the lady said, Ï AM NOT YOUR SISTER. (haha. I would hate that too!) I just talked to the lady in my broken Spanish and smiled and acted all happy, and she ended up liking me. It was weird. ALSO, this guy was yelling at his son who was talking to us on the streets, and his dad said, "Get out!" and I wanted to say "Get out? I'm not in!" But the guy ended up being nice. I swear that they are bipolar here. OH WELL. 

Latinos just got here, so now I am fully immersed in the Spanish language (and it sucks. haha, just kidding...but not really) My companion and I have been teaching this older couple who are from Arizona (Jansyn and Calyn Berry's grandparents, Zach!) and even though I can't speak very well, I can tell them that I KNOW the church is true. And when I'm reading from my notes, I put the Holy Ghost on the shelf, when He should become the real teacher. It's when I said Ï may not know your language very well, but I'm trying so hard to tell you that what I'm saying is true"and I realized that the Holy Ghost is the true teacher. Being here I have learned that I have a long way to go..but I'm excited for it. The more I draw to Him, the more He trusts me to rely on Him. This is emotionally exhausting but so worth it!

Aaaand, I've been told just to send packages to the MTC address that I put on FB. And don't worry, no other girls have gotten packages either, so I don't mind! But sorry to bring the bad news...I need a few stuff. I need my camera chord so I can send you guys pics and a flash drive. LOVE YOU. :) Tell Andie and Sophie that I miss them. Really, I do. I think about them more than you think I do, haha. I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Con amor, Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment