Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 29, 2013

Family!

This week went by SO fast! It was almost creepy.l Toward the end of the week it got really stressful because we had transfers yesterday. My companion is leaving to paradise and I'm staying in the city which I'm psyched about! I'm really going to miss my companion. We´re very different but we´re very close because we had to work really hard at our companionship. We thought that we would stay comps for another transfer because she begged President to stay companions, but I know that the Lord has a different plan for the each of us. Change is good. I'm still in the same house as some Hermanas that I lived with in the CCM, Hermana Jorgenson and Hermana Safeer. We have a BLAST. By the end of this transfer, we will have lived almost six months together. CRAY. I love them! I'm pretty sure that we all had fun times before this life. My new companion is coming tomorrow morning and I'm excited to meet her! Kind of nervous, but I'll get over it. She´s half Latin, half Scottish...so we´ll see what this is like, haha.


I'm starting to figure out how the Spirit works through me and how I'm guided by Him. I love testifying and using scriptures during lessons. I had a cool experience with a less-active a few days ago that I-m grateful for. He was telling me that the church wasn´t true and that the Book of Mormon wasn´t either. I told him that life is difficult and part of enduring to the end is US being true to the church. I was able to share with him 2 Nephi 33:10 and 11. The Spirit was so strong. And like most less-actives, he felt the Spirit, fought it and walked out. It was a cool experience to notice that the Spirit wasn´t only testifying to him, but to me as well.

There´s this cute 16 year old and his name is Otiel. (OTL) We had a lesson with him the other day and he kept saying ¨Please bless Hermana Kaitlit¨ and during the prayer I was like ¨Wait...He's talking about me!¨ He had looked me up on FB and read my first name, haha. SO funny. He also talked about my Profile picture and how he saw some pictures of my friends. And he said that he´s going to send me a friend request and once I get home I can accept it. Anyway. Random story that was too good.


We´ve been teaching a lot of the Plan of Salvation lately. Some people need it explained more than others, which is understandable. I can't comprehend everything about the plan, but I do know that it´s God´s perfect love which makes the plan inevitable. And His perfect patience which makes it sustainable. I'm DC it says that once the veil is gone, time will be ¨no more¨. Even now, time is not natural. Naturally we find ourselves wanting to hasten time or make it stop. Which can be frustrating. And once, long ago, we chose to come here to choose. The veil is a protector so our old choice can be kept. The Plan of Salvation was called the Plan of Happiness for a reason. In the next life, we are going to go where we feel most comfortable. We will be the same person, and the Lord knows our desires, so we´ll end up going somewhere that fits both. I don't think we´ll get to Judgement Day and be thrown a curveball.

Being in a house full of six girls, I've figured out that we´re able to find joy in the success´of others. I really feel that God´s commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves is meant to help us develop a mentality of abundance. During certain circumstances, their successes become ours, their triumphs can become ours. The longer I teach and examine the gospel of Jesus Christ the more I understand the Lord´s commitment to free agency and patience is very deep. I'm SO happy to be here. There are moments when I get down, like everyone does, but that's all part of life. It's when we are in the most difficult times that we turn to the Lord. I'm so grateful to be here. I thought about going home once this week while we were sweeping and mopping the tiny chapel and I got sick to my stomach. It's funny how just in 4 months you can find another home. The church is true, guys. Y'áll are ballin.

Con amor, Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment