Tuesday, July 30, 2013

May 8, 2013

Dear family!
It was so wonderful talking to you guys yesterday! I was a giddy little school girl for the rest of the day. I've made a mental note that whenever Brynn calls me from another country (and only gets to do that twice a year) I'll answer all of her questions with ¨Good¨or ¨Wanna talk to Dad?¨
I forgot to tell you guys that I cut my hair and got bangs. Well, I didn´t cut it. That would´ve been bad. My cosmetologist friend did. She´s the greatest and she actually came to my mission farewell!
My comp and I get alone. She´s 21 and has been out for 12 weeks. I really like her. It's just frustrating because our senses of humor are different and I don´t really like to gossip. The only kind of drama I like is from Teen Mom or anything Real Housewives. And I have a bunch of zits on my face. So...there´s that.
The flowers here are beautiful. I want to pick them all- I'm obsessed! There´s a rooster outside of our window that wakes us up at 5 in the morning. People here are obsessed with Romao who sings with Usher and he´s from the DR. That´s all I hear about is Romao! The bread here is sooooo good. I want to eat it all, all of the days. Because we´re white, people will start speaking french to us, haha. Or they´ll say the only English they know which is, ¨Hi, how are ya?¨and we´ll say ¨Good, how are you?¨ and they say ¨Hi, how are you?¨So many people sit and play scrabble ALL DAY. Especially these old guys on this one corner. It's ridiculous. Even in the rain, haha. Oh and a lady tried handing me a baby, and she said, Ï'll give you this baby for a bag of rice¨and I was like, Ühh...i don't have rice.¨OH and no wonder the DR is famous for baseball- that's all they do! The boys play whenever, wherever. With garbage and sticks.
Even though I don´t understand sister missionaries most of the time, and I don't know why they cry about the things they cry about, I do give them a lot of respect. I can't help but think when the war broke out in Heaven and Christ said to Hevenly Father, ¨Here I am, send me.¨Sister missionaries said the same thing once the age change was made. What a wonderful example that is- a confidence boost!
The best way I could describe where I am exactly is the hood. Haha. So it's nothing I'm used to. And I feel like I experience culture shock every day. We go contacting every day, which I like. A young girl named Cristina is getting baptized on Saturday, which I love. She was a major brat, apparently, and she changed her ways once she started reading the Book of Mormon. And the bishop doesn't know if she can get baptized because she doesn't have a birth certificate. Her family came from my Haiti and stole names off of dead people, so we´re trying to fix that situation. It's wacko.

Nothing much has changed since yesterday. I love you all so much! Thanks for the prayers and for everything. You guys are great. I love you all so very much and you all are in my prayers!
Con amor, Hermana Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment