Hello, Familia!
I'm doing FABULOUS. This week was a rough one, but I'm so glad that p-days are on Mondays. Sundays are the worst days ever, and we all agree. We just get Spanish headaches and the bishop and the mission leaders just yell at us all day, and our investigators don't go to church, and we're like WE CAN'T DO THIS FOR ANOTHER DAY. Heavenly Father knows it, so he gives us a break the next day. It's wonderful!
Aaron and Meghan are having a girl!? Oh, that is so cute! Andie is going to be the best big sister. She´s the best sharer I know.
My comp and I finally figured each other out. It took a lot of prayer and a lot of self realization. We´re just different. We contacted a lot this week, and I think I made things funner for her. Contacting can be super difficult because we´re like Uhhh...how can we tell in two minutes how our church is the best church ever and they´ll believe us? I came across the scriptures DC 10´'5 and Alma 46´ 8 and 9. I'm still trying to figure out this stupid Spanish keyboard so don´t make fun of me! Anyway, I shared those scriptures with members because I think we should never underestimate Satan´s power and determination to bring us down. Through prayer, we can receive help from both sides of the veil, and be blessed with comfort and peace. I´ve noticed and experienced that it's the little things that build a continuing testimony and desire. The little things bring big things. Go to church, pray, read the scriptures. If you lose one of those factors, you´ll lose your desire and feel discouraged about the church. You´ll lose your desire to keep going and you´ll begin to question things. Things about the church that are perfect, and shouldn´t be questioned. And do perfect things need to be changed- No. (D and C 3¨3) This computer is driving me nuts.
The ward is good. I really like everybody and they just make me laugh. They´re all converts and I idolize the few of them that are super strong in the gospel, yet still live difficult lives. The bishop is kind of crazy. But then I have to sit back and think..Oh, he didn´t go on a mission. And he doesn´t know what WE´RE feeling, so I'm just gonna let this one pass. I never realized how many serious things I would have to deal with. Some ladies in the ward can't get baptized, even though they´ve been going to church for twenty years, because their husbands won't marry them. It's expensive and the guys here cheat all the time and it disgusts me. Some ladies in the word even take care of their HUSBAND´S kids, which confuses me, but it's very loving. And excommunication..I realized is a blessing, in a way. I'm not saying it's okay in the slightest, but for those who are seriously struggling, it can be something good for them. They don't have to be breaking those covenants they made to Heavenly Father over and over again. They are freed, in a way. They can come back if they want. I might seem naive, and I know that there´s a lot that goes into it, but everything about the church is taken in a very kind way.
What helped me this week was reading Holland´s talk from the Ensign over and over again. ¨Lord, I believe¨ It was given this last general conference and he talks about Mark 9¨ 14 through 24. (I believe) I may not know EVERYTHING about this church, but I have a desire and faith, and that's what keeps me going. I love this gospel. Everything I cherish in this world is because of it.
I got a little sassy the other day during contacting. I was just frustrated, and I don´t know if what I was said was from the spirit or what. Haha. ANYWAY. We were contacting and it was raining and everyone was being such brats because we were in the richer part of the city, and this lady was yelling at us for like 8 minutes about how the church is wrong and everything about it is fake and blahblahblah and i was like ¨If I were you, I would listen to the missionaries next time they come to your door, because you definitely need what we have to say¨ And then I bore my testimony and her whole countenance (sp?) changed. It was great! What I've realized...is that I don't want to teach the gospel in simple ways. But simple ways brings the spirit. That's one reason why my companionship works. Is that she talks a lot and tells it how it is, and I ask questions and let the spirit talk to the investigators while THEY are talking.
I´m so glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Its still crazy here. And crazy hot. But i love it. I love it more every day. I love you guys so much! Thanks for praying for me and being the BEST. See you in SIXTEEN MONTHS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.
Con amor, Hermana Buhrley
No comments:
Post a Comment