I´m still in the DR! And the DR is great! I love it! I have survived my first transfer..everyone applaud me! It was the longest six weeks of my life, but it was so good. Everyone was freaking out over transfer calls last night and I feel SO bad for the President. He will not let anyone go home ever. That's the last thing he wants to do. But anyway, there were a buttload of Hermanas last night who were furious about where they got called next and were trying to call President to tell him that if he doesn´t change their transfer call, they're going home. Haha ahhhh poor Pres. And some Hermanas think that training is a sign of entitlement, not a calling. I couldn´t help but think last night, ¨Could you imagine if a bishop jumped up and down for joy when he was called as bishop?¨ haha girls make me laugh sometimes. Ay mi madre.
I saw an American this week! I started at him for awhile. He was walking down the road and was probably 21 years old. I saw ¨So are you an American?...¨
¨Yeah, are you lost?¨
¨No...what are you doing here?¨
¨Going to church.¨
¨You came all the way from America to go to church?¨
¨My parents are missionaries.¨
¨Sweet.¨ Then I walk away cause he was kind of a weenie. The end.
A guy asked me to marry him. He was like ¨ Please marry me! Take me back to your country! We´ll get married and you can pay for my schooling¨
¨It'll be a long time...¨
¨That's okay! As long as you take me with you.¨
¨No, you don't understand. I'm not going back.¨
¨Ever?¨
¨Ever.¨
¨You're staying here forever?¨
¨Yep..¨ Hahah he was so bummed. It felt like the longest day ever so I felt like it was appropriate.
My comp and I have been serving with ward members and working with less actives. There´s a mom in the ward..that's my age...yikes...whose husband was out of town and her baby cries if she isn´t held, so we went over a couple times during the week and held her baby while she showered and cleaned. I would hate to be cooped up in that little house all day with a baby who wants to be held all the time. All of our menos activos are good! We've gotten a lot of them to come back to church with us. Working with less actives is a challenge at times. They know everything about the church and they have felt that its true, but there's nothing that you can do to MAKE them come back. At times, dealing with other peoples agency is hard to manage, but then I think about patience and how patient our Heavenly Father is. He is so loving and patient with us that he doesn´t infringe on our agency. It just marvels me. I think about how many times I've felt the confirmation that this church is true, but I keep coming back awhile later wanting that confirmation once again. I suppose that's a challenge that comes with being human.
I used to think that God was worried about me most of the time, and what I was doing. But I've learned that He´s happy, and that anything is genuinely happy is from God. He´s happy that I'm progressing and turning to Him while I'm doing His work. It's hard not to get wrapped up in the numbers sometimes, but it doesn´t matter if WE have success. As long as the Lord has success, you cant go wrong, and that's all that matters.
By the way, I'm still with my comp. I love her a lot. We´ve had our ups and downs, but I adore her. Heavenly Father has helped us out A TON, which I'm so grateful for. Being with these girls is amazing. Its crazy to think that 7 months ago I received perfect news that would change my life. I look at these girls and am so proud! I read a Spencer W Kimball talk once that mentioned how the church during the last days would really rely on women. I don't remember what talk that was, but I wish that I had written the quote down. It was a good one! I know that we all agreed before this life to be here.
There´s an Hermana who is leaving in a few days, and for a second I thought of me leaving and the thought made me sick to my stomach! I want to stay here forever, I love it. If I can't visit this place ever, I'll have to go to New York..They have the most Dominicans there. When I tell them that I'm from Utah which is in the US, they say, ¨So where is that compared to New York?¨ Haha.
I was reading in the Liahona from this last general conference and I like what the Prophet said about mission families during the priesthood session. He said, ¨I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one.¨ I can testify of that! I love you guys so much and am so eternally grateful for a supportive family. I love you guys and pray for you everyday.
Con amor, Hermana Buhrley
Ps. Fun Fact. An Hermana in my district pointed out that when she and I talk to you guys on Christmas, we will be exactly half way!
Pss. If anyone wants to send me instrumental music on CDs id love you forever. We've been listening to the soundtrack of How to Train your Dragon for the past few weeks and we´re getting sick of it! I love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment